These 5-Ingredient no bake pecan pie energy balls come together in 15 minutes and make the perfect prep ahead and freezer-friendly snack. Naturally sweetened with dates and packed with fiber, protein and nourishing plant-based fats, you’ll be so happy to have this balanced snack on hand and ready to go!
It is an ongoing joke among my dietitian friends that snacks are never far away. Well, I guess it’s not a joke if it’s true right? Haha I am just a much more pleasant person to be around when I don’t let my blood sugars drop too low and these pecan pie energy balls have got to be one of the most enjoyable ways to make sure that doesn’t happen!
Trust me on this one, you will never regret having delicious, nourishing, ready-to-go snacks on hand!
Let’s get into these balls…
Ingredients in Pecan Pie Energy Balls
These 5 ingredient energy balls are made with dates to provide a delicious natural sweetness with a sticky caramel-like flavor. The pecans add a rich nutty flavor reminiscent of that oh so satisfying pecan pie — but in portable, pop-in your mouth snack form!
What you’ll need:
- Pitted dates
How to Make Pecan Pie Energy Balls
Serving: 12 balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: None!
Prep method: No Bake
Kitchen tools needed: Food Processor
These 5 ingredient pecan pie balls are so quick to whip up and no bake! All you’ve got to do is:
- Add all ingredients to your food processor
- Blend to form a paste
- Roll into balls and then roll in crushed pecans for an extra little crunch
How to Store Pecan Pie Energy Balls
These make the perfect grab and go snack to keep on hand! They store well in both the fridge and the freezer.
Fridge: Store in a reusable storage bag or airtight container for up to 1 week.
Freezer: Store in a reusable storage bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
*I actually kind of like them right out of the freezer, but you can also take them out an hour or so before, or the night before and let them thaw before eating.
Ingredient Substitutes & Add-Ins
While they won’t necessarily be pecan pie bites, you can totally swap out the pecans for other nuts and they will still be delish!
Pecans: Swap for cashews or walnuts
Spices: In addition to cinnamon, nutmeg and/or ginger could also work!
Are Pecan Pie Energy Balls a Balanced Snack?
You bet they are! With snacks I generally aim to include a fiber containing carbohydrate, this helps to boost blood sugars (aka energy, mood, focus/concentration and so much more!) PLUS either a fat and/or a protein.
In this recipe:
Dates = carb containing fiber
Pecans = protein and fat
There you have it! Pack them up and enjoy as a little mid-morning or mid afternoon energy booster!
Nutrition Benefits of Pecan Pie Energy Balls
- A fiber-rich source of natural sweetness that can support healthy digestion.
- Contain antioxidants that can help fight off free radicals that cause damage to our cells.
- Contain a balance of healthy fats, fiber, and protein to help keep you feeling satisfied and energized.
- A source of vitamin E, a fat-soluble antioxidant that helps promote eye health.
- Rich in antioxidants that help reduce oxidative stress.
- Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help fight inflammation in the body.
Other Recipes to Try
- Meal Prep Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Meal Prep Chocolate Chip Banana Zucchini Muffins
- Raw Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Easy Lemon Coconut Chia Pudding (4 Ingredients)
If you make these No Bake Pecan Pie Bites, it would make my day if you would leave a comment and/or star rating below— I love hearing your feedback! And don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @lindsaypleskot so I can see your versions! It makes me so happy to see these recipes come to life in your kitchens! xoPrint
These 5-ingredient no bake pecan pie energy balls come together in 15 minutes and are naturally sweetened with dates and packed with fiber, protein and nourishing plant-based fats. Prep ahead & freezer-friendly!
- 1 + 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup softe pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Add 1 cup pecans, dates, cinnamon, vanilla and salt to a food processor and blend into a paste, stopping throughout to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Once a smooth paste has formed, use a tablespoon to scoop out the mixture and roll it in your hands to form evenly sized balls.
- Crush the remaining 1/3 cup pecans and place them on a plate. Roll the balls into the crushed pecans to cover all sides.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week, or the freezer up to 3 months.
Dates: If your dates aren’t soft, soak them in boiling water ahead of time for ~15 minutes, or until they soften. Drain the water before adding them to the food processor.
Pecan Swaps: cashews or walnutes
Spices: in addition to cinnamon, nutmeg and/or ginger could also work!
Fridge Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week.
Freezer Storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer up to 3 months.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: healthy snacks, kid-friendly, gluten free snacks, vegan snacks, Freezer-friendly snacks, meal prep snacks