Like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast. This warming, creamy pumpkin oatmeal is filling and satisfying! Vegan.
- 1/2 cup of quick oats
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted
- drizzle of maple syrup (1 tsp each serving)
- drizzle of your favorite nut butter (optional)
- Place the oats, water, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium sized pan over medium high heat. Allow mixture to come to a boil and turn down to medium low heat, stirring to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Cook until liquid has absorbed, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir pumpkin puree in until well blended.
- Dish into serving bowls, drizzle with maple syrup, nut butter and finish off by sprinkling with pecans.
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: fall, pumpkin, weekday breakfast