This super easy home made jam is packed with Omega-3s, fiber and spreads like a dream! Vegan, Kid-Friendly.
- 1 ½ cups raspberries, frozen
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ – 1 tsp vanilla extract (depending on how vanilla-y you like it)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Add raspberries, water and vanilla to a medium-sized pot over medium high heat. Bring mixture to a low boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 5 minutes until berries soften. Lightly mash the berries with the back of a fork to achieve the consistency you like (if you like a chunkier jam, leave bigger pieces).
- Stir in the chia seeds and cook on low until the jam thickens, about 5 minutes, stirring to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature and then pour into a glass jar or air tight container and store in the fridge. You can also store extras in the freezer and pull it out as you need it!
Optional: add a dash of honey or maple syrup for desired sweetness but it has lots of flavor as is!
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sauces and Spreads
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jam, berries, summer, easy, DIY