With only 7 ingredients, this recipe is super quick and easy to make! I developed this recipe for Ra Energy. Their products are a blend of organic seeds (hemp, sesame, buckwheat, chia and flax) that can be used in a variety of ways to boost the nutrient density of your diet. Check out their website for locations nearest you that carry their products.
Naturally sweetened with dates, and chock full of seeds and oats, these little gems are perfect for a grab and go snack to keep you energized throughout the day. They also hit the spot as a tasty dessert or picnic treat!Print
Energy balls have everything you need for a satisfying energizing snack. Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and protein this chocolaty treat will hit the spot! Vegan, Kid-Friendly.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia or flax seeds
- ½ cup dates
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oats, hemp and chia in a medium sized bowl.
- Add dates, cocoa, water, peanut butter and vanilla into a food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. Add more warm water as needed if it needs thinning.
- Add the date paste to the oat mixture. Mix with a fork until all ingredients are combined and like a thick paste (you may need to use your hands for this).
- Roll into 12 even sized balls, using the warmth of your hands to mold them together.
- Can be eaten as is or placed in the fridge or freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week or can be frozen for later use!
- Sub peanut butter for sun butter for a nut free option
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, healthy, snacks, kid friendly, energy balls, on the go
Thank you to my student volunteer, Nisha Takhar, for her help in putting this post together!