This is officially my first recipe back in the kitchen and I’m really excited to finally be sharing these Refreshing Scallop Bites with Pineapple Beet Salsa! For one, they are so fresh and the perfect way to welcome spring. And secondly, I am so proud to be sharing them in partnership with Inspired Greens.
I make it a priority to only partner with brands I truly love and believe in and use myself. Inspired Greens has always been that, but throughout these past couple of months they have shown me that they are so much more. They are a team of genuinely caring, compassionate and thoughtful people who go above and beyond for their community.
There is a far more holistic picture to wellness than just food and the calories or nutrients it does or doesn’t possess. Taking care of ourselves means listening to what we need body, mind, and soul. As I’m sure many of you can relate to, I sometimes forget to do this. I push myself, put pressure on myself that really doesn’t exist from anyone else but me, get too caught up in what other people think, or in my worry of letting people down. In a time when I really needed that support to allow myself to do this, they were there for me with kind words, understanding and compassion, reassuring me that the most important thing was to take care of myself and that everything else could wait.
This experience has really made me stop and appreciate all of the amazing relationships this community has brought into my life – including all of you who sit here reading this. So thank you. Thank you for being here, thank you for sharing a piece of your lives with me and thank you for the endless support you continue to show me in so many ways. We can truly feel the love that has been coming our way, and I will never forget the kindness we have been shown.
Ok, now for the food! I was originally developing this recipe to spread the love for Valentine’s day. Although I’m now a bit late to the punch, my intention is still the same. Whether to show yourself some love, spoil your partner, or share with loved ones (I got to share Valentine’s Day with two of my biggest loves this year, my sister and my sweet niece Mila!) these little bites will definitely do the trick.
Scallops are one of my all time favorites for a special meal. They are rich and buttery, packed with minerals, and a touch of Omega-s for an all around feel good food.
I used Inspired Greens Romaine for these ones but I also love using their Baby Butter Lettuce leaves for this type of recipe. Both are super tender and add the perfect touch of freshness without taking over the other flavors. Enjoy!Print
These light and refreshing bites are like a taste of the tropics in your own backyard. Perfect for summer entertaining, but delicious all year round! See my trick for perfectly cooked scallops below! Pescatarian.
- 16 leaves of Inspired Greens Romaine or Butter Lettuce
- 8 large Scallops, approx 300g
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 beet (approx ½ cup), roasted and peeled (quick tip: buy pre cooked and peeled beets)
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 jalapeno, minced (if you don’t like spice, remove the seeds)
- Just of ½ lime, more if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear or cut off 16 pieces of Inspired Greens romaine or butter lettuce, rinse and pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Next combine your salsa ingredients in a small bowl and toss to combine well. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Heat your avocado oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, salt and pepper the scallops on both sides. When the oil is hot, add your scallops to the pan, turning the heat down to medium-high. Allow them to sear and brown, approx. 2 minutes. Flip them over and repeat on the second side, cooking for another 2 minutes. Don’t stir them around while cooking, allow them to brown and stick to the pan a bit -this is where all that flavor comes from!
- Turn off the burner and remove from the heat. Allow them to sit for a couple of minutes to cool down a bit.
- Plate your lettuce, double stacking the leaves to form 8 lettuce cups. Next, divide your scallops between the cups, leaving them whole or cutting them up into smaller pieces if you prefer. Top with your salsa mixture and garnish with cilantro and more lime if desired.
- If you’ve got any leftover salsa, serve with tortilla chips or add to salads for and extra burst of flavor!
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
Keywords: fresh, summer, easy, seafood
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!