These light and refreshing bites are like a taste of the tropics in your own backyard. Perfect for summer entertaining, but delicious all year round! See my trick for perfectly cooked scallops below! Pescatarian.
- 16 leaves of Inspired Greens Romaine or Butter Lettuce
- 8 large Scallops, approx 300g
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 beet (approx ½ cup), roasted and peeled (quick tip: buy pre cooked and peeled beets)
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 jalapeno, minced (if you don’t like spice, remove the seeds)
- Just of ½ lime, more if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tear or cut off 16 pieces of Inspired Greens romaine or butter lettuce, rinse and pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Next combine your salsa ingredients in a small bowl and toss to combine well. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Heat your avocado oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, salt and pepper the scallops on both sides. When the oil is hot, add your scallops to the pan, turning the heat down to medium-high. Allow them to sear and brown, approx. 2 minutes. Flip them over and repeat on the second side, cooking for another 2 minutes. Don’t stir them around while cooking, allow them to brown and stick to the pan a bit -this is where all that flavor comes from!
- Turn off the burner and remove from the heat. Allow them to sit for a couple of minutes to cool down a bit.
- Plate your lettuce, double stacking the leaves to form 8 lettuce cups. Next, divide your scallops between the cups, leaving them whole or cutting them up into smaller pieces if you prefer. Top with your salsa mixture and garnish with cilantro and more lime if desired.
- If you’ve got any leftover salsa, serve with tortilla chips or add to salads for and extra burst of flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
Keywords: fresh, summer, easy, seafood