Nutrient packed beets give this creamy hummus the most gorgeous color! Packed with fiber and protein it makes the perfect dippable snack! Vegan.
- 1 small red beet (to save time, you can also buy the pre cooked and peeled beets)
- drop of avocado oil (less than 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 19 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- juice of half a large lemon
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaping tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of water
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove the stem and root from the beet, and scrub it clean under wam water.
- Rip off a piece of tinfoil, large enough to wrap all the way around the beet. Set the beet on the foil and drizzle with a drop of avocado oil and rub it over the surface of the beet. Wrap tightly with foil and roast for about 1 hour or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Once your beet is cooled, peel off the skin, cut into quarters and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients, starting with just 1/4 cup of the water and blend until smooth, adding more water as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Add any extra salt, pepper or lemon juice to taste.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil to serve if desired. Serve with toasted Pita, cut up vegetables or crackers. Aslo great on sandwiches, toast or burgers!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: snack, school lunch, meal prep