This dressing is so good I could drink it right out of the bottle. But I’d say this hearty beet and kale salad is a better bet. It’s a perfect way to enjoy those winter vegetables but equally delicious any time of year!
- 1 large bunch of curly kale, thick middle stem removed and ripped into bite sized pieces
- 1 golden beet
- 1 red beet
- 1 19 oz can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, salted
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove the stem and root from the beets, and scrub them clean under warm water.
- Rip off two piece of tinfoil, large enough to wrap all the way around the beets. Set the beets on the foil and drizzle with a drop of avocado oil and rub it over the surface of the beets. Wrap each one tightly with foil and roast for about an hour or until easily pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork until well combined.
- In a large mixing or serving bowl, combine the kale and the dressing and toss to coat evenly (you may need to get your hands in there to really coat the leaves)
- Add the lentils, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Once your beets are cooled, peel off the skin and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Plate the salad, top with the beets, serve and enjoy!
- Time Saving Hackd: use pre-cooked and peeled beets
- Category: Salads, Sides
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: winter vegetables, greens, kale