These soft and gooey salted caramel energy balls are the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth! Packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats from almonds and cashews and naturally sweetened with dates and vanilla there ‘s not blood sugar spikes here!
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- ½ cup almonds, raw
- 1 cup dates (soak in boiling if not super fresh/soft)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of coarse salt to taste
- ¼ – ⅓ cup warm or boiling water if needed for smoother consistency if using food processor
- Optional- shredded unsweetened coconut and/or raw cacao or cocoa powder to roll them in at the end
- In a Vitamix or high powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high. Use your wand as you blend to keep ingredients moving. Alternatively use a food processor. You will need to stop as you go and use a spatula to push down the sides of your mixture. You will also likely need to add warm water to thin out the paste a bit.
- Keep blending until ingredients form a smooth paste, adding water as needed.
- Use your hands to form into 18 evenly sized balls (Note: Mixture will be a bit oily, this is normal, it is just those healthy fats from the nuts releasing!)
- Add an extra sprinkle of sea salt and roll in coconut and/0r raw cacao powder if desired.
- Keep in an airtight container to snack on during the week or store in the freezer to eat as you please!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Vegan Snacks, Kid Friendly Recipes, Easy Snacks, Healthy Sweets, Meal Prep Recipes