These soft and gooey salted caramel energy balls are the perfect snack to satisfy that sweet tooth without the crash!
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- ½ cup almonds, raw
- 1 Cup Dates (soak in boiling if not super fresh/soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkle of coarse salt to taste
- ¼ – ⅓ cup warm or boiling water if needed for smoother consistency if using food processor
- Optional- shredded unsweetened coconut and/or raw cacao or cocoa powder to roll them in at the end
- In a Vitamix or high powered blender, combine all ingredients and blend on high. Use your wand as you blend to keep ingredients moving. Alternatively use a food processor. You will need to stop as you go and use a spatula to push down the sides of your mixture. You will also likely need to add warm water to thin out the paste a bit.
- Keep blending until ingredients form a smooth paste, adding water as needed.
- Use your hands to form into 18 evenly sized balls (Note: Mixture will be a bit oily, this is normal, it is just those healthy fats from the nuts releasing!)
- Add an extra sprinkle of sea salt and roll in coconut and/0r raw cacao powder if desired.
- Keep in an airtight container to snack on during the week or store in the freezer to eat as you please!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Vegan Snacks, Kid Friendly Recipes, Easy Snacks, Healthy Sweets, Meal Prep Recipes