A delicious 30 minute one pan fajita recipe made with simple ingredients like bell peppers, red onion and chicken breasts. With a super simple chicken fajita seasoning, the flavor, ease and minimal clean up will make this a weeknight staple!
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- Fresh lime juice, plain yogurt or sour cream, salsa, guacamole, tomatoes, cheese, cilantro, cheese ( I like shredded marble cheese or Tex Mex mix, feat or cotija cheese and hot sauce! (toppings optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Add all ingredients directly to a parchment lined baking sheet, tossing to coat evenly with oil and fajita seasoning.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Flipping once
- Serve on warm tortillas, top as desired and enjoy!
- To make Gluten Free: opt for corn tortillas or other gluten-free option. Also note that if you are on a strict gluten-free diet some spices can be cross contaminated. Avoid buying bulk and check packaging for gluten-free claim.
- To make Vegan: Swap chicken for tofu or smoked tofu, tempeh, seitan or other meat alternative.
- I used Avocado oil as it has a higher smoke point (approx 475 F-485 F). For more information on cooking oils check out this post!
- Lining your baking sheet: You can also line with tinfoil but I prefer parchment paper as it doesn’t tear as easily making for easier clean up!