Avocados are a good source of nourishing unsaturated fats and add a delicious little twist to your standard bruschetta. Great for a light appy with guests or make a batch for a more interesting snack during the week.
Either way there will be some happy mouths and I guarantee this will earn a spot in your regular recipe repertoire!Print
Anytime I put this out for guests (or just Meik & I) this tomato avocado bruschetta gets gobbled up in record time. Super easy to throw together and delicious served with crostinis, crackers, or to top your favorite salad or bowl. Vegan option below.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (or smaller if desired)
- 1/2 avocado, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
- finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze, alternatively add a slash of regular balsamic vinegar right into the mix!
- Small whole wheat baguette
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Coarse salt to taste
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350F.
- Thinly slice the baguette and place the pieces on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place them in the oven or toaster oven for 10 minutes or until crisping on the edges.
- While crostinis toast, combine all of the ingredients for the bruschetta in a bowl, mix gently with a fork until everything is lightly coated with the oil. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Skip the feta or swap for a plant based cheese option to make this recipe vegan.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: summer, picnic, easy entertaining