This watermelon banana smoothie is made with just 5 simple ingredients and is packed with protein, fiber and antioxidant rich vitamin C. This creamy smoothie is a perfect breakfast to fuel your day, and can even be prepped ahead for busy mornings!
- 1 cup watermelon, cubed and frozen
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup of 2% or 5% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Add all ingredients to a balender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Enjoy immediately, or see the recipe notes below for meal prep and storage instructions.
Milk Substitutes: I used unsweetened vanilla oat milk but any milk will do, including traditional dairy milk.
Yogurt Substitutes: For a vegan version, swap the yogurt for your favorite dairy free yogurt like coconut yogurt or almond yogurt. While this particular watermelon smoothie is made with yogurt, you can also leave it out altogether. It won’t be as thick and creamy without the yogurt, but will be equally refreshing!
Protein Powder: The Greek yogurt in this smoothie is a great source of protein (over 20 grams!) but if you’d like even more protein, or wish to make the recipe vegan, feel free to add your favorite protein powder (obviously a plant-based option if going the vegan route).
- Sub half of the banana for ½ cup of frozen strawberries for a Watermelon Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
- Add ½ cup or ⅓ of an English Cucumber for a dose of veggies in a delicious watermelon cucumber smoothie. Banana is optional in this version.
- Other fruit that would work well with this combo: Mango, pineapple, or other melon like cantaloupe or honeydew.
Other Add-Ins: 1-2 tbsp seeds like hemp, chia or flax for an extra dose of fiber, plant-based fats and antioxidants.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: North American