Along with all of the other delicious Plate Method meals in this post, this flavor packed meal has it all – juicy chicken thighs for protein, turmeric infused rice for your carbohydrate, and iron-rich kale for your daily dose of greens! Enjoy
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Sea salt and freshly-cracked pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 large head of curly kale, torn into bite sized pieces (thick middle stems removed)
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup 0% plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp olive oil for drizzling at the end
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add the chicken and sear for about 2-3 minutes on each side, allowing the edges to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the shallot to the pan and sautée for 2-3 minutes until it becomes translucent.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, and kale. Stir around and let the spices brown for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Add the rice, lemon juice and zest, and chicken stock. Place the chicken back on top of the mixture. Place a lid on the pan and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes until all of the chicken stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and divide the Greek yogurt and olive olive between the dishes.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Indian, North American
Keywords: one pan, easy