My favorite banana bread, passed down from my Mom. Ground flax replaces some of the flour for extra fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids without sacrificing any of the banana bread goodness and sour cream makes it extra moist! And of course, chocolate chips.
- 2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 6 Tbsp chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Blend in oil, sour cream, milk, eggs and bananas (bananas should be well mashed).
- Add in chocolate chips (except 1-2 Tbsp, save to sprinkle on top)
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and walnuts on top of loaf
- Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside (toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when poked through the middle).
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- For extra fiber try replacing ¼ cup of the flour with and extra ¼ cup of flax!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Work snack, School snack