These no-bake granola bars are both delicious and nutritious. They have the perfect combo of protein, fiber-packed carbohydrates, and nourishing fats that will give you that burst of energy you need when emergency hunger strikes and keep you feeling full and satisfied long after eating!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey (vegan subs in blog post!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅔ cup roasted almonds, whole
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- More whole almonds *optional
Optional add-ins, toppings, and substitutions are listed in the notes below.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla to a medium sauce pan. Cook on low heat until a smooth consistency is reached, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia seeds, oats and almonds plus any other mix-ins if adding.
- Line an 8.5 x 11” inch baking pan with parchment paper and pour granola bar mix in. Spread out evenly, then press down in the pan very firmly with either your fingers or the base of a cup
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl, microwaving on high in 20 second increments until completely smooth and melted. Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
- Cover the bars with beeswax wrap or saran wrap and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until bars have hardened.
- Remove granola mix from pan and cut into 12 strips. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Optional Add-Ins & Substitutions:
Chia Seeds: Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds
Almonds: Cashews, peanuts, walnuts, pecans
Peanut Butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter
Honey: Coconut palm syrup, date syrup, brown rice syrup
Vanilla Extract: Almond extract, orange extract, peppermint extract
Oats: Your favorite cereal like cheerios, rice krispies or rice puff cereal
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snacks