This prep ahead healthy baked breakfast apple crisp is perfect for busy mornings. As a bonus, it is packed with nourishing foods like apple, chia, and Activia Chia Probiotic Yogurt.
- 5 large apples (approx 2.5lbs), cut into bite size chunks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (or 1/2 of a lemon)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinammon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and apple pieces, lemon juice, chia seeds, and cinnamon right into the pan. Toss to coat evenly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt. Use the back of a fork or your hands to mash the coconut oil into the mixture until it is evenly distributed and forms small clumps. Add mixture to apples and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are soft and bubbling and crisp is nice and golden!
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes before digging in, or let it cool completely and store in the fridge to be enjoyed for easy breakfasts!
- To serve, top with yogurt and enjoy!
- Sweetness: The apple crisp itself if very lightly sweetened. The yogurt adds a nice touch of sweetness but if you like it a bit sweeter, add 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup to the topping ingredients before mixing, or add an additional 1-2 Tbsp to the filling.
- Oats: use quick oats or rolled oats, not steel cut oats
- Almond flour: can be subbed for regular flour
- Coconut oil: can be replaced with butter or vegan butter
- Maple syrup: can replace sugar
- If you want to be extra, add some shredded coconut or chopped nuts to the crumble topping before baking!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: apple crisp, meal prep, meal prepping