This fresh and flavorful piña colada smoothie is packed with tropical flavor like pineapple and coconut and also provides all the goods for an energizing, balanced meal with protein, fiber, and plant-based fats to keep you satisfied!
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple, frozen
- 1 Tbsp ground white chia seeds *see notes for alternatives
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut *see notes for alternatives
- 3/4 cup of plain or coconut Greek yogurt ( I like to use 2%-5% but any will work!)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I used the Silk unsweetened vanilla coconut milk)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smoothe. Approximately 30-60 seconds.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately, or see below for instructions to freeze.
To Freeze: Line a muffin tine with silicon liners. Pour smoothie in and freeze, minimum 2 hours or overnight. Once pucks are frozen, remove the pucks and store in a reusable storage bag like this in the freezer.
To Make it Vegan: Sub Greek yogurt for 1/2 block (185g) of medium-firm tofu. Note you may need to add extra pineapply or banana for extra sweetness with this version. Start with 1/2 cup pineapple or extra 1/2 banana and adjust to taste
For the Greek Yogurt: I like to use 2% or 5% Greek yogurt, but any will do. Vanilla and lemon flavours also work well in this smoothie!
Shredded Coconut: can replace for 1 Tbsp coconut manna (coconut butter)
Chia seeds: Any chia seeds will work, black, white, ground or whole. I prefer the ground white chia seeds for texture and color but the end result will be very similar!
Coconut Milk: You can also use canned coconut milk for an extra creamy option!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: north american
Keywords: summer recipe, high protein recipe, high protein smoothie, meal prep recipe