Sometimes I make this granola recipe just so my house can smell like a tropical vacation. Packed with cocout, toasted almonds and sweet banana that holds it all together, you might want to double this one!
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 c. bran buds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 ripe banana, mashed into a paste
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup to make it vegan of low FODMAP)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and honey together, about 1 minute. Alternatively, microwave for 30-60 seconds until melted.
- Meanwhile, add all other ingredients, including the mashed banana, into a large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil mixture once completely melted.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined and small granola clusters start to form ( I like to use my hands for this step to make sure everything is well mixed)
- Distribute mixture in a single layer, between the two baking sheets, so it browns nice and evenly
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Allow granola to become a nice golden brown for that delicious toasted flavor
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Store in and air right jar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: one pan, granola, high fiber