I love kale, there’s a reason this green has gotten so much press in recent years. Kale is higher in fiber than most other leafy greens and is a great source of those lovely antioxidant, skin glowing Vitamins A and C.
- 2 large bunches kale (approx 10 cups)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
Crispy Chickpeas & Capers
- 1 x 19 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp avocado or other high heat cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a Baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, capers, olive oil, salt and peper. Stir to coat evenly and spread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden on the outside.
- Meanwhile, wash and cut or rip kale into bite sized pieces. Dry off well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a bowl, adding more or anything to taste. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Add to the Kale (start with half and add to taste, you may have extra) and mix with a fork, or clean hands to really get the dressing coated on there!
- Plate and top with cripsy capers and chickpeas and enjoy!
- Make it Vegan:
- sub Greek yogurt for your favorite non-dairy yogurt
- sub parmesan cheese for nutritional yeast. Start with 1 Tbsp and adjust to taste
- Category: Salads & Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy salads, weeknight dinner, kale