Energy balls have everything you need for a satisfying energizing snack. Packed with fiber, healthy fats, and protein this chocolaty treat will hit the spot! Vegan, Kid-Friendly.
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup chia or flax seeds
- ½ cup dates
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 2 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oats, hemp and chia in a medium sized bowl.
- Add dates, cocoa, water, peanut butter and vanilla into a food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth paste. Add more warm water as needed if it needs thinning.
- Add the date paste to the oat mixture. Mix with a fork until all ingredients are combined and like a thick paste (you may need to use your hands for this).
- Roll into 12 even sized balls, using the warmth of your hands to mold them together.
- Can be eaten as is or placed in the fridge or freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week or can be frozen for later use!
- Sub peanut butter for sun butter for a nut free option
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, healthy, snacks, kid friendly, energy balls, on the go