This light and refreshing salad is perfect for summer. As a bonus, it is packed with Vitamin C from blood oranges, and grapefruit for healthy skin and immune function. The fresh mint and creamy avocado are the perfect finishing touch. Ready in 15 minutes. Vegan.
- 8 cups arugula or mixed greens (I love it with arugula but if you find the flavor too strong, try mixing it with or opting altogether for mixed greens)
- ¼ – ⅓ cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp regular balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp peach white balsamic vinegar (you can also sub this for more regular balsamic if you don’t have any flavored)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
- Prepare your oranges and grapefruit and set aside.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl, whisk with a fork until well combined (the dijon mustard will act as an emulsifier and keep the dressing together). Add more olive oil if you find it too tart.
- On a large platter, arrange the arugula and sprinkle with mint, give it a few tosses to combine.
- Layer your greens with the orange and grapefruit. Finally, top with your sliced avocado.
- Drizzle with your dressing, serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Summer Recipe, Quick