Because you can never have too many tacos. Shrimp tacos are one of my all times faces. Enjoy the tropical twist with mango and dragonfruit. Pescatarian
- 8 small corn tortillas (approx 25g size)
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Mango Dragonfruit Slaw
- ½ of a fresh mango, julienned
- ½ cup purple cabbage, julienned
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and diced (keep some of the seeds if you like it spicy!)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Level Ground Dried Dragonfruit, crumbled
- 1 Avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Combine all Slaw ingredients, except for the dragonfruit, in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Next, combine the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add garlic (you can test this by adding a small amount of garlic, it should start sizzling). Saute until it starts to become fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and allow them to brown on the first side without stirring, 2-3 minutes. This will allow the flavor to build.
- Flip them over and cook another 2 minutes or so, until opaque. Turn off the heat and give them a stir. Allow them to sit in the pan for another couple of minutes. The residual heat will gently finish cooking them.
- Just before dishing up, add the dragonfruit to the Slaw. This will ensure it stays nice and crunchy!
- Heat your tortillas in the microwave or oven if you prefer them warm. Divide onto plates and top with the shrimp, Avocado, Slaw and finish with cilantro to garnish.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: easy, weeknight meal, cinco de mayo