A sandwich you’ll look forward to all morning. Make the pesto ahead of time for a 5 minute work or school lunch.
This dreamy sandwich has me imagining an outside table on a cobblestone street somewhere in Europe…maybe a glass of chilled rose in hand. I’ve been on a sandwich kick lately! Mostly because I’ve been lazy and sandwiches are the perfect fix for a quick and easy lunch. Haha but now that I’ve started I can’t stop and have been totally craving them! This Rainbow Power Sandwich and High Protein Green Goddess Chickpea Salad Sandwich are a couple others that have been heavy in the rotation.
Vegetarian or Vegan Swaps
Instead of Chicken try:
- Chickpea Salad
- Sliced Smoked Tofu
- Sliced Tempeh
- Plant Based Cheese (The vegan mozzarella in The 321 Method is soo good and super quick to make!
Meal Planning Hacks
- Make the Pesto ahead of time, or use your favorite store bought version.
- Tip to store extra pesto – freeze in ice cube trays and defrost as needed
- Meal prep your protein at the beginning of the week
- Prep multiple sandwiches at once. Leave out the fresh ingredients (tomatoes and lettuce in this one). Wrap and refrigerate and add the fresh ingredients in day of!
This sandwich is also delicious as a wrap and if you’ve got the time, throw it in a panini press or cook for 5 mins or so on each side in a pan for a warm, melty, slightly crispy version!
I hope you love this easy, healthy, meal prep lunch!
If you try it out I’d love to hear what you thought in the comments below or take a pic and tag me @lindsaypleskot on Instagram so I can see our creation! XoPrint
Caprese salad elevated. With the addition of tender high protein chicken breasts this sandwich is the perfect mid day pick me up!
- Toast your bread.
- While bread is toasting, make your pesto.
- Remove bread from the toaster and spread both sides of the bread with pesto. Layer one side with your chicken, tomato,mozzarella, and any other desired ingredients. Close up your sandwich and cut in half or leave whole. Enjoy!
Use leftover pesto for pasta, to marinate your fish or meat, or to snack on throughout the week! Alternatively, freeze it for later use.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Italian, North American
Keywords: School Lunch, Work Lunch, Picnic