I hope you enjoyed last week’s Pumpkin Spice Smoothie to get your day going and keep your skin glowing and immune system in check. It’s time to tackle the infamous 3pm slump.
These little energy balls are the perfect mid afternoon pick me up. They satisfy that need for something sweet without the energy crash of other sugary sweets. They provide slow releasing energy from oats, pumpkin and nuts and offer the perfect dash of sweetness with a touch of dark chocolate and chewy dates.
I love these for days that I’m packed with clients and meetings, they pack well and can be eaten on the go to keep me fueled. Bonus, they’re super quick and easy to make!Print
Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 20 Bites 1x
The perfect snack to bring on the go! These energy balls are packed with healthy ingredients to give you a quick pop of energy when you need it! Vegan, Kid-Friendly.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips or shaved dark chocolate
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped into small pieces
- pinch of salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until well combined and a thick paste is formed. * Note: these have a softer texture than some other energy balls, I prefer them like this but if you’d like a firmer texture, add an additional 1/4 c. of oats to a food processor and blend until a chunky flour like consistency forms. Add this to the mixture and combine well.
- Roll into 20 evenly sized balls and place them in an airtight container or onto a plate and cover with saran wrap when finished.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge to enjoy throughout the week!
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Snacks, Desserts
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pumpkin, fall, kid-friendly, healthy snacks
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe