These 10 minute Crunchy Roasted Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos will be an instant family fave! I’ve converted many a meat eating hubby and picky toddler with these babies. If you’re feeling it, they pair very nicely with an icy Corona.
We have been having some gorgeous sunny days here in Vancouver! There’s something about the sun and moving forward in the year that has me thinking of summer… too soon? Haha.
But the idea of having friends over, sitting out on the patio, sun shining down (maybe a Corona or sangria in hand?!) sounds pretty appealing right about now. Tacos are one of my favorite things to make when we have friends over – I just love the build it yourself style. Everyone gets exactly what they want.
Anyway – enough with the day dreaming! We probably make these tacos, or at least a variation of them every other week. They are so easy, packed with flavor, and a delicious way to load in more veggies that even your kids will be asking for more of, trust me!
These Crunchy Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos are by far one of the favorite recipe from The 3-2-1 Method so I wanted to share the love. In the meal plans, the chickpeas and cauliflower are prepped ahead of time, allowing this meal to come together in less than 10 minutes! I highly recommend doing the same for a super quick weeknight dinner!
You can use the instructions in the recipe below to do so. I recommend doubling the amount of cauliflower and chickpeas so you can also use them in other meals like salads or wraps throughout the week! Once prepped, store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Whether you’re into meal prep or not, these come together quickly and most of the work is done by the oven!
I hope you enjoy this recipe for a little taste of sunshine in a quick and easy weeknight meal!
What will you be topping them with?? Let me know in the comments below!
This one pan meal is the perfect quick & easy, nutritious weeknight meal. Packed with flavor these tacos will become a new staple for you and your family!
- 1 cup chickpeas (1/2 of a 19 oz can)
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste (approx. ¼ tsp each)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (sub for cashew cream or non dairy yogurt for vegan option)
- Juice of half a lime
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
Top as desired, but here are my faves for this one!
- Pickle cabbage or onion (recipe for quick pickles here)
- Optional toppings: cilantro, red onion, tomatoes, salsa, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss Chickpeas and cauliflower in oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder. Toss evenly to coat. Spread mixture out evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 30-45 minutes until edges of cauliflower are nicely browned. Stir halfway through.
- If you’ve already done your prep – start here. Drizzle a bit of oil in a pan and reheat your cauliflower and chickpeas until warmed through and crispy – about 5 minutes.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave, toaster or oven if desired.
- Once cauliflower and chickpea mixture is cooked, divide between tortillas and top with desired toppings. Drizzle with lime crema. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Tacos, Weeknight Meal
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!