Can you believe the holidays are creeping up, just around the corner? Meik and I were out shopping this weekend and I couldn’t believe how decked out everywhere was with Christmas decor! Not gonna lie, it got me pretty excited, but I also know the madness is about to hit – celebrations, shopping, school plays… so I thought it was the perfect time to share these One Pan Crispy Honey Garlic Cauliflower Bowls.
- Minimal mess
- Minimal clean up
- Major time saver
This recipe is packed with immune and energy boosting ingredients to get help you sail through the holiday season without crashing and burning. Your bases are covered with this quick, nutritious, comfort food meal. I’d love to hear it you try it out! Leave me a comment below or tag me over on Instagram with #makefoodfeelgood so I can see your creation!
Cauliflower is packed with anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties to keep us healthy through this busy time of year
Edamame Bean Nutrition
Edamame Beans are packed with fiber and plant-based protein to keep our blood sugars, cravings and energy levels stable
Avocado provides antioxidant Vitamin E to help protect our cells from free radical damage (aka – those extra holiday cocktails and later nights).
This recipe is truly better than takeout. Perfectly Crunchy Cauliflower and a kitchen hack for the quickest, sticky, tasty honey garlic sauce that comes together in minutes. Side note, it’s sneakily packed with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory rich ingredients like cauliflower, edamame beans and avocado. Vegetarian. Kid Friendly.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, washed and broken or cut into bite sized pieces (approx 4–5 cups or florets)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 Cups edamame beans, shelled and defrosted if frozen
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks or slices
- 6 Tbsp warm water
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 ½ Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Green onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Red pepper flakes
Note: recommend starting your rice or alternative grain or noodles before you start the recipe so that it’s done when ready to serve!
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and oil the paper with 1 Tbsp oil each, using a brush or your hands to distribute evenly. Set your pans aside.
- Set up your breading station with cauliflower in one bowl, eggs in another (whisked with a fork to combine yolks and whites), and half of the panko, flour, salt and pepper in the last bowl (you will bread the cauliflower in batches as the flour mixture gets too wet and sticky from the egg if you do it all in one batch)
- Add 4-5 pieces of cauliflower into the egg mixture and toss to coat. Let any excess egg drip off and then place pieces in the panko mixture. Coat evenly, pressing the pieces into the mixture to make sure it sticks. Repeat until all pieces are coated, refilling the panko mixture with remaining panko, flour, salt, and pepper as needed.
- Place cauliflower on you baking sheets, brushing the remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil over the tops of the cauliflower. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip if needed. Push the cauliflower to one side of the pan and add the edamame beans to the other end of each pan. Place back in the oven to finish baking for 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make your sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and whisk with a fork to combine, making sure the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Cover and microwave for 1 minute. Remove and stir, continuing to heat in 30 second increments until sauce has thickened up.
- To make your bowls, start with rice or base of choice then top with cauliflower, edamame, sauce, and finish with avocado and desired garnishes.
Suggest serving over brown rice – if doing so, cook rice according to package directions while you prep the other ingredients.
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Asian, Vegetarian
Keywords: Better than take out, Buddha Bowl
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!