Who doesn’t love a good avocado toast. It’s the perfect way to bring your breakfast or snack to the next level both nutritionally and flavor wise.
Avocados are packed with fiber, Vitamin E and healthy fats, a powerhouse combo.
Fiber is great for digestion and filling you up while Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects cells from oxidative damage. Not only will this keep you healthy on the inside but this anti-inflammatory vitamin is also great for healthy glowing skin!
Last, but definitely not least… I love my healthy fats! Fat provides a satiety factor in our meals. Not only does fat carry flavor molecules, it slows the rate that our stomach empties after eating, helping us feel satisfied after meals and curb cravings from popping up too soon after eating.
There are so many ways to dress up this combo. Adding a poached egg or two is my favorite way to quickly turn this into a balanced meal that will keep me fueled all morning.
Here are a few of my favorite combos…Print
Avocado toast is here to stay. Rich in Vitamin E for skin health and anitoxidant protection this fiber rich fruit offers all the goods to power you through the morning. Vegan options.
- 1/3 avocado
- 1 slice of sprouted grain bread
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro, ¼ of a jalapeno (diced), juice of ¼ of a lime and a sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, sprinkle of sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 radishes (thinly sliced), a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt and fresh cracked
- ¼ – ½ tsp chili flakes, a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt and fresh cracked
Protein Add On
- 1–2 poached eggs
- Thinly sliced prosciutto
- Toast your bread
- With the back of a fork, mash and spread the avocado over the toast
- Top with your favorite combo
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Toasted
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: avocado, quick breakfast, vitamin E
LIKE IT? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!