The sweetest holiday of the year is fast approaching and I’ve got the perfect treat for you! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is hard to resist and I’ve taken it up a notch in these ones by adding in a layer of my Ooey Gooey Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
These are super quick and simple to make and require just a few ingredients. We recently moved and for the first time in 5 years, finally have a microwave again! Being able to melt the chocolate in the microwave definitely saves time and a bit of a mess, but if you prefer the stovetop method, you can follow the steps I used here in my DIY Fruit, Nut and Flower Laced Chocolate bars.
While you’re at it, I would recommend doubling up the batch of the chia jam. It is soo good on toast, in oatmeal, with yogurt or even blended into smoothies. It somehow just makes everything seem fancy. Unlike your typical jam, there is absolutely no added sugar needed to achieve the perfect jammy consistency.
Chia seeds are high in soluble fiber which has the natural ability to thicken up liquids and the nutritional benefit of balancing blood sugars and keeping your heart healthy.
Now I’m not saying that you should start eating peanut butter cups for breakfast every morning but one or two won’t hurt 🙂
Who doesn’t love a good PB & J. These sweet treats make a great gift or afternoon pick me up! Make them vegan by using vegan chocolate chips.
- Add chocolate and coconut oil to a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute, remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to melt in 30-60 second intervals, stirring in between to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Line a mini muffin tin with your cupcake liners, pour approx 1 tsp chocolate into each liner and place in the freezer to harden.
- Meanwhile, prepare your jam, and set aside.
- Chocolate should be solid enough to start topping after about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and top each with approx ½ tsp of your peanut butter, followed by ½-1 tsp. Of your jam mixture.
- Top with remaining chocolate and put back in the freezer to set. Leave for minimum 1 hour or overnight and enjoy!
- Store any leftover cups in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Make these vegan by using vegan chocolate chips
Peanut butter can be replaced for any nut or seed butter to accommodate allergies
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Valentine's Day, Holiday Recipe, Quick Dessert
PS – Are you in the Community yet!? Join my new FREE Eat Well Live Well Facebook Community for daily tips, recipes, and motivation. Comment on one of the posts inside to let me know what you want to learn about and I’ll be sure to create some awesome content just for you! All you have to do is click on this link and hit the “Join” button. See you inside!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!