Happy Halloween! Do you go all out and get into the Halloween Spirit? Or not really for you? Regardless of your enthusiasm for dressing up, I think it’s safe to say that when Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups are involved, not one’s getting upset… agreed? I have such good memories of getting home from trick or treating with my sister, dumping our pillow cases out onto the floor and sorting our candies. And that little orange Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup package always had a lot of trading power…that is if either of us was willing to give one up.
We’re keeping it pretty mellow this year, although we did end up making a game time decision to go out last weekend. We hadn’t planned any costumes, so luckily our friends had us covered with some extra costumes…Meik went as a Rasta Banana and I went as a Granny Smith Apple…special. haha So somehow we ended up being sort of matching and very on trend for this food lover! No plans for actual Halloween as I’ve been putting in some long hours this week getting ready to go visit my sister in Hawaii tomorrow!! But I am so excited to get our little nugget dressed up in a funny baby costume next year!
Ok back to the food. As we’ve established, chocolate peanut butter cups pretty much make dreams come true. So I’ve got something that I’d like to argue is even better than the original – making them at home, with just 3 ingredients, and a sprinkle of sea sat.
Melty, chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness.
This recipe really could not get any more simple and there’s a good chance you’ve already got all three of these ingredients at home. Whether you’re craving an adult treat or want to get the kids more involved in the kitchen, look not further.Print
3 Ingredients. Chocolate, Peanut Butter…need I say more. These are the perfect treats to make with your kids – or just for yourself! Kid Friendly.
- 12 regular sized or 24 mini cupcake liners (I used silicone but paper liners work too!)
- 1 ¾ cups dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ –⅓ cup of your favorite peanut butter
- Coarse salt (I used Maldon Sea Salt)
- Add 1 cup chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil to a medium microwave safe bowl. Melt on high for 1 minute, remove from the microwave and stir. Continue to melt in 30 second intervals, stirring in between to make sure it doesn’t burn ( mine were melted after 1 additional 30 second round).
- Line your muffin tin with your cupcake liners, divide chocolate evenly between the cups. Place in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and top each with approx 1 tsp of peanut butter (or ½ tsp for the minis). Tap the muffin tin on the counter to settle and spread the peanut butter out evenly, or use the back of a spoon to do the same.
- Melt remaining chocolate and coconut oil using the same method as above. Divide between the cups to create your top layer.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes or overnight. Enjoy!
Store any leftover cups in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Frozen, No Bake
- Cuisine: North American
Keywords: Halloweed, easy, healthy treats
For a printable version + 2 BONUS Recipes (PB&J and Tahini Coconut Cups) click below to download!
I hope you’re having a fun and festive day and I can’t wait to hear how you guys like this one!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!