I don’t know if I can even call this one a recipe, it is so dang simple! But it is WAY too good not so share.
For me, summer recipes are all about simplicity. More time in the sun, on the dock, in the lake… sorry, I can’t help daydreaming after an amazing time celebrating our wedding, followed by the most relaxing and rejuvenating week at Little Shuswap Lake.
One of our favorite things to do when we’re in the interior is stop by the amazing fruit stands. Berries, cherries, and more berries. Of course we had to take advantage while we were up there and these little Strawberry Cheesecake Bites were created. These literally take minutes to throw together, so if you’re in a pinch for your next picnic or potluck these little bites are perfect! If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, substitute for another milder cheese like mascarpone or ricotta.
Locally, one of my favorite places to get berries (and an abundance of other delicious treats) is Krause Berry Farms and Estate Winery. If you’re looking for a fun date or summer outing, this is the place to go. With everything from their Market to the Porch Restaurant and Estate Winery…you’ll never want to leave.
Ok…time to eat.Print
A little cheesecake explosion in your mouth! Just 3 ingredients, these are the perfect last minute dessert to whip up for guests!
- 12 strawberries, fresh and local if possible!
- 2–4 Tbsp soft goat cheese (approx. 1/2–1 tsp per strawberry)
- 2 Tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- Drizzle of honey *optional
- Wash strawberries, slice off the green top as well as the bottom so that they will stand upright
- With a small paring knife, slice around middle of the berry and carefully scoop out the middle. Fill each hole with the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle generously with the graham cracker crumbs and a drizzle of honey if desired
- Eat as is or store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them.
- Category: Desserts, Snacks
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: summer, easy, 3 ingredient
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT WITH SOMEONE YOU KNOW WILL LOVE IT TOO!