Oatmeal is one of my all time favourite breakfasts. It’s so filling and nutritious, and a comfort food all at the same time. The best part, the different flavour combinations you can throw together are endless.
One of my favorite add-ins is nut butter, it adds so much flavour and a boost of protein to keep you feeling full all morning. I recently came back from a trip to Hawaii to visit my sister. There are two things I always make sure to stock up on when I’m there…coconut coffee and coconut peanut butter. Since discovering them, I can’t live without them and have gotten all of my friends hooked too! This last trip, my sister’s in laws introduced me to a whole new level of coconut. Chocolate coconut peanut butter. It has quickly become part of my daily routine and my favorite oatmeal topping. I know this isn’t the easiest thing to find here so I’m working on developing a recipe of my own, keep an eye out for it, coming soon!
Any kind of nut butter is delicious in this recipe, so if you don’t have this specific kind, try regular peanut butter, cashew butter or hazelnut butter, mix in a teaspoon of cocoa and sprinkle in a little extra coconut to get the same kind of flavor.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Your mornings are about to get a whole lot more enjoyable!Print
Creamy and delicious, full of protein and fiber, you really can’t go wrong with this easy breakfast oatmeal! Vegan.
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter (or 1 Tbsp. of any other nut butter + 1 tsp. of cocoa mixed in)
- 1 tbsp shaved coconut
- 1 tbsp walnut pieces
- 1 small banana, sliced
- Place the oats and water in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a light boil and then reduce to medium heat.
- Let the oats simmer, stirring frequently, until most of the water has evaporated and the mixture has thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Dish the oats up into a bowl. Add the peanut butter and swirl it into the oats to mix it in slightly, it doesn’t need to be completely mixed in.
- Top with banana, coconut and walnuts and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: European
Keywords: quick, weekday breakfast, high fiber